The 5th Graduate Conference in Political Theory of Sciences Po will be held on June 28-29, 2017.
Each year, the conference brings together young political theorsts representing a variety of traditions and methods to discuss the work of one prominent author.
This edition will focus on the work of Judith Butler, who will be our keynote speaker.
The objective of this conference is twofold. First, it aims to reflect upon the principles and modalities of Judith Butler’s arguments about sensitivity. Second, it aims to discern the potential consequences and applications of this notion of the subject’s sentivitiy to a range of political questions such as:
- Political representation and collective action
- Resistance, pacifism and critiques of power
- Technique, transhumanism and anthropocentrism
- War, violence and precarization of life
- Gender and vulnerability
All contributions that are related to one these topics are encouraged, but we also welcome propositions connected to other fileds of interest.
The submission deadline for proposals is March 3rd, 2017. Please send us:
- A detailed abstract (500-700 words) in PDF format, prepared for blind review
- A separate document, mentioning your name, the title of your proposal, and your institutional affiliation.
All proposals should be sent to: email@example.com
You can also follow us on Facebook.