The 6th Graduate Conference in Political Theory of Sciences Po will be held on May 30-31, 2018.
These two days of discussion are open to young political theorists coming from diverse intellectual and cultural horizons.
For this year’s edition, we will have the pleasure of welcoming Achille Mbembe (Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research), whose closing presentation will mark the end of our event.
PhD students in all stages of their doctoral research are invited to submit papers concerning any topic of political theory. Contributions related to Achille Mbembe’s work and the themes addressed by his research – such as postcolonialism, race, war, the state of exception, necropolitics and relations of enmity – are encouraged. Abstracts addressing the following themes are also welcome:
- Radical Democracy
- Conflict, Resistance, Violence
- Feminism in contemporary times
- Life and death of the body in politics
The submission deadline for proposals is March 2nd, 2018. Please send us:
- A detailed abstract (500 words) in PDF format, prepared for blind review.
- A separate document, mentioning your name, the title of your proposal, and your institutional affiliation.
All proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow us on Facebook.